Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pulse (2006)

2 / 5
Tagline: You are now infected
Directed by: Jim Sonzero
Written by: Wes Craven, Ray Wright
Actors include: Kristen Bell, Ian Somerhalder, Christina Milian
Genre: Horror
Length: 90 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
While I thought "Kairo" (Pulse) the original was a decent yet slightly confusing film this was just a junk pile. I made the mistake of seeing this in the theatre and I wound up shaking my head nearly the entire time. This time we have a hacker who gets into the computer of a dude who is developing a super wireless signal that just happens to kill. Well it's not killing in the exciting sense, but rather they come into contact, then they make it look as though you've committed suicide. This really and truly does lack explanation and they managed to take the chill right out of the film. Then it becomes some silly save the world with a virus scenario that you can see coming from a mile away. Really and truly a disappointment, I can't help but wonder when these horrid American remakes will stop happening, but I'm guessing that answer is never.

No comments:

Post a Comment