Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Ring Two (2005)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: Fear Comes Full Circle
Directed by: Hideo Nakata
Written by: Koji Suzuki, Hiroshi Takahashi
Actors include: Naomi Watts, Simon Baker, David Dorfman
Genre: Horror
Length: 128 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I loved the first US remake of "The Ring" and I actually counted down the days until this one came out. When I finally got to see it I was annoyed as heck because it was beyond stupid and the furthest thing from scary I could imagine. This time Rachel and little boy are living in a little town but things are riled when they learn of a college student that likely died at Samara's hands. Then they learn that little boy is in danger yet again and they have to find a way to save him...again. It merely raised more questions and became way less believable than even the first one (although yes I admit neither could ever actually happen). This was just like a lame drama with a bit of Samara thrown in and a whole lot of disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment