Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saw II (2004)

2 / 5
Tagline: We Dare You Again...
Directed by: Darren Lynn Bousman
Written by: Leigh Whannell, Darren Lynn Bousman
Actors include: Tobin Bell, Shawnee Smith, Donnie Wahlberg
Genre: Horror
Length: 93 minutes
Banned: Malaysia
Country: USA/Canada

Review:
Why in the hell I went to the theatre to see the sequel when I hated the first one is beyond me, but I figured perhaps this time things would be better. This time we meet detective Donnie Wahlberg who is out to find the Jigsaw after he finds one of his victims. Then Donnie learns that his son has been captured and along with seven others they've been put in a shelter that will fill with lethal nerve gas if they don't get the antidote. If you remember the first one the twist shouldn't surprise you at all, neither should the plot. It's basically just more of the same with a few creative deaths but I just think this entire series is silly, especially paper mache mask clown thing. I'd say avoid but then again nearly everyone I know thinks this is a fantastic series so perhaps it is I that is wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment