Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Saw (2003)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: Death Is a shortcut
Directed by: James Wan
Written by: Leigh Whannell
Actors include: Leigh Whannell, Cary Elwes, Danny Glover
Genre: Horror
Length: 103 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA/Australia

Review:
Okay so I saw this crapper in the theatre, and my biggest question is why can't Cary Elwes and Danny Glover act? They can act in nearly any other film but here it's almost painful to watch. Don't get me wrong, I like bad horror acting, but it's not that either, it's merely just awful in a bad way. The story isn't that bad, but the execution which suffers. That stupid puppet thing doesn't help either, tell me does anyone find that thing scary? It looks like a paper mache reject from some children's birthday party or something, so incredibly stupid. Anyhow, Danny and Cary are stuck shackled in this room and they only have so long to erm get out. I know I'm in the minority with my severe hatred of this series, (believe it or not I'm being generous with my rating here) but I can't understand why anyone would genuinely like it...I'm mystified! Anyhow I thought this was poorly put together, the acting was crap and it was about a scary as Romper Room....big huge pass on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment