Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Silent Hill (2006)

1/5 / 5
Tagline: Enjoy your stay.
Directed by: Christophe Gans
Written by: Roger Avary
Actors include: Radha Mitchell, Sean Bean, Laurie Holden
Genre: Horror, Fantasy, Drama
Length: 127 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Canada/France/Japan

Review:
Well when I saw the trailer for this I thought, well...it looks decent even though it is based on a video game. Although it made an interesting enough five minute compilation, watching two hours of this is like being forced to watch someone else play a video game. The acting and dialogue is up to video game standards, and the "monsters" remain pretty much useless props although I must admit that I liked Pyramid head guy although his wasn't in the film for very long. I suppose giving away the plot would be unkind since perhaps someone who reads this may want to watch it, but let me assure you it's not very exciting. Surprisingly many folks really like this one, and that's okay but I definitely think it's aimed more at the twelve year old boy population.

No comments:

Post a Comment