Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Slumber Party Massacre (1982) aka Sleepless Nights

3.5 / 5
Tagline: Close your eyes for a second...and sleep forever.
Directed by: Amy Holden Jones
Written by: Rita Mae Brown
Actors include: Robin Stille, Michelle Michaels, Michael Villella
Genre: Horror
Length: 77 minutes
Banned: Germany
Country: USA

Review:
This one always amused me because it was directed by a woman (which is somewhat rare actually) but you'd never know it by the level of perky teen chicklettes. We mainly focus on teenagers Trish and Val who are sisters that recently moved into the area. They try to make friends but aren't quite in with the popular kids but still they live nearby. The popular kids have a party which just happens to be crashed by a driller killer, and Val and Trish wind up investigating. It's very much typical teen slash and stalk, but it works, it's simple and it has the blood to satisfy most slasher fans. I definitely liked it more when I was younger as the lack of plot or back story never bothered me before recently. Still I do like this series and this does have a few memorable scenes, and I'd say it's worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment