Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Spasmo (1974) aka The Death Dealer

3 / 5

Tagline: Beyond "Psycho" SPASMO!
Directed by: Umberto Lenzi
Written by: Pino Boller
Actors include: Robert Hoffman, Suzy Kendall, Ivan Rassimov
Genre: Horror, Mystery
Length: 94 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Italy

Review:
This film has one of the most ridiculously confusing and hilarious trailers that I've seen, plus it's an Umberto Lenzi picture so I definitely had to see it. Seriously, watch the trailer and tell me that you aren't interested in spasmo...spasmo....SPASMO...SPASMO... Thing is even after watching it I'm not entirely sure what did take place. What I understood was that a man and his girlfriend were walking on the beach when they came across a woman's body who is still alive. Soon the boyfriend falls in love with the girl they found, but before they can make love an intruder breaks in and beats up the boyfriend. The boyfriend shoots the intruder and then the corpse goes missing...I think. It's a really confusing giallo and as I said earlier I'm not entirely sure what did take place. It was still interesting enough to sit through, but I wasn't interested enough to try and actually understand it. It's a pretty uncommon film, and well that's not such a bad thing because it's not really all that great, still Lenzi fans may want to catch a gander.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment