Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Wars (1977) aka Star Wars IV: A New Hope

5 / 5
Tagline: May The Force Be With You
Directed by: George Lucas
Written by: George Lucas
Actors include: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher
Genre: Sci-Fi
Length: 121 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
Gosh well for starters let the records state that this September 14th 2008 is the very first time I saw Star Wars despite everyone's urges, I pushed it off thinking I would hate this. See of course I was aware of the costumes, some plot points and well clips I'd seen here and there and it all seemed ridiculous. Of course when I actually got around to watching it I understood...in context it all does make sense and more than that there is almost a magical quality to it that few films have. It sort of sucks you into this completely different Universe and around every corner is a surprise (and not always a pleasant one either as danger is everywhere). The amount of detail put into every frame of the film is simply remarkable and impossible to ignore. The story is of course about Luke Skywalker, forced into farming by his Aunt and Uncle when he really wants to be a pilot like his father. When his family is wiped out in an attack (because of the androids they've purchased) he joins forces with the Jedis being led by his Uncle Obi Won Kanobi (hope I spelled that right). Then of course there is much spectacular fighting scenes and effects that I could hardly believe were made without computers. Simply magnificent in every way and I truly do understand why folks have been frothing at the mouth over this picture, I guess until you commit to seeing it no matter what you've heard you can't get it until you are watching it. I now can't wait to see the second one...

No comments:

Post a Comment