Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

5 / 5
Tagline: The Adventure Continues
Directed by: Irvin Kershner
Written by: George Lucas, Leigh Brackett
Actors include: Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher
Genre: Sci Fi
Length: 127 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
So alright this is the first time I've seen the sequel and since I was so wowed by the first one, I didn't wait more than a day to get to this installment. Turns out the action keeps right on going and if anything this chapter is more violent and dark yet every bit as exciting as the first one, quite a feat! The amazing special effects just keep on coming as well as the character development...plus we meet the adorable Yoda...I want one! So what happens is that the Rebel Forces have reestablished their base elsewhere but then the Government attacks. Then when the battle is through Luke goes in search of Yoda for further Jetti training, but is forced to leave early when his friends are in peril. Of course more impressive battling takes place plus we learn that of course who Luke's Dad is, and we also get quite a surprise that I didn't know about. It leaves things unresolved although band-aided so of course I can't wait to see the third one, yes just as amazing as I'd always heard this was.

No comments:

Post a Comment