Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Spit On Your Grave (1978) aka Day Of The Woman aka I Hate Your Guts aka The Rape And Revenge Of Jennifer Hill

3 / 5
Tagline: The ultimate day of terror!
Directed by: Meir Zarchi
Written by: Meir Zarchi
Actors include: Camille Keaton, Eron Tabor, Richard Pace
Genre: Horror
Length: 100 minutes
Banned: Philippines, China, Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, New Zealand, Finland, Australia, Canada, Iceland, Norway, Germany, Ireland
Country: USA

Review:
Well firstly I'd like to point out that this isn't really for all people. It's a horror film yes, but it's graphic as heck and brutally sexually graphic. Much of the film is watching Camille Keaton (Buster's Niece) being raped by various men. It's brutally real and hard to watch, but somehow it seems more gratuitous for erm Male viewers then really necessary. I guess in comparison if you watch "Last House On The Left" you'll find a much much classier and even more disturbing version of this tale. In comparison to Irreversible for example, this isn't as artistic and it doesn't really have a "point" I suppose. For those who don't know, after the rape the end of the movie is Camille seeking brutal revenge. It kind of makes the violence worthwhile and everything, but I guess I just didn't like the way it was played out, unnecessary is a good word. Still I do like revenge, but I think this is just not the flick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment