Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Invisible Man (1933)

4.5 / 5
Tagline: Catch me if you can!
Directed by: James Whale
Written by: R.C. Sherriff, H.G. Wells
Actors include: Claude Rains, Gloria Stuart, William Harrigan
Genre: Sci-Fi, Comedy, Horror
Length: 71 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
I wasn't quite how this story actually went until watching this movie and I must say I was quite happy with the result. We start out seeing the invisible man in bandages, he explains that an experiment went wrong and now he is invisible. He tries to haul up in a hotel to find a cure for himself, but instead the invisibility drives him mad and he starts to want power. The loonier he goes the more hilarious and deadly his plots become. I can't honestly believe how much destruction this one guy causes, I was very impressed! The effects are nothing short of amazing, some of the best I've seen and extremely ambitious! It's really something to ponder how they are managing to show us everything that they do! Well the plot includes betrayal, and so much more that I don't want to give away. If you don't know much about the invisible man I highly suggest you find out by watching this very entertaining little picture. For a first role, and for an invisible man Claude Rains makes quite the impression!

No comments:

Post a Comment