Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Seed Of Chucky (2004)

3.5 / 5
Tagline: Deliver us some evil.
Directed by: Don Mancini
Written by: Don Mancini
Actors include: Brad Dourif, Jennifer Tilly, Billy Boyd
Genre: Horror
Length: 87 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: Romania/USA/UK

Review:
I admit it, I have this one an extra .5 star because John Waters is in it with a fantastic cameo and I love him! I actually saw this one in the theatre and truthfully it's one of the few times that the folks I went to the theatre with weren't mad at me afterwards for. See I of course picked this film, and it was actually quite entertaining even though it definitely isn't all good. Jennifer Tilly is darned annoying but her willingness to pick herself apart is somewhat funny. They've also made this one a little more disgusting than usual and sadly it worked for me! The plot is about the happy doll couple having a kid (who kind of looks like a mutant David Bowie). Chucky spends his time raising little Glen (or Glenda har har) but is disappointed to learn he's not interested in killing. The Mrs. tries to take over real life Jennifer Tilly to become human, and well things don't go as planned. It's campy fun and well the series is pretty much a parody at this point so it made sense to me. It's likely the sequel I'd watch again out of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment