Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Serpent And The Rainbow (1988)

4 / 5
Tagline: Don't bury me...I'm not dead!
Directed by: Wes Craven
Written by: Wade Davis, Richard Maxwell
Actors include: Bill Pullman, Cathy Tyson, Zakes Mokae
Genre: Horror
Length: 98 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
This would definitely be one of the best voodoo related films that I've had the pleasure of seeing, but even this wasn't horrific enough to make me entirely happy. It's about a scientist who goes to Haiti to research a drug that causes paralyzation yet consciousness in it's users. Apparently this drug had the effect to fool people into thinking that people were dead when in fact they weren't. It actually tries to use some reasonable scientific explanation for zombiesms and people being buried alive which is definitely cool. The casting department did a great job as the voodoo people seem rather authentic and creepy even! It's definitely scenic and interesting, it could have just used a little more violence (I know I'm being a brat). Still quite a cool movie that most horror fans won't want to miss out on.

No comments:

Post a Comment