Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Student Bodies (1981)


 3.5 / 5
Tagline: 13 1/2 Murders + 1423 Laughs = Student Bodies
Directed by: Mickey Rose
Written by: Mickey Rose
Actors include: Kristen Riter, Matthew Goldsby, Richard Belzer
Genre: Comedy, Horror
Length: 86 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA

Review:
The original teen slasher parody film! Actually at the time that all of the Scary Movie phenomena was hitting I was really irrate because I think it stole most of it's jokes from this movie. Now for starters I must warn you that the laughs in this are incredibly cheesy and that there is nothing here that is even slightly frightening but that simply isn't the point. It's really basic slapstick style humour and gags, and well one really should have a few drinks with some friends before sitting down to watch this. I must admit I do think it's pretty funny, some of the jokes are just so lame that you can't help but laugh, and somethings are so bizarre that are hilarious too. It's about "the breather" which of course is a murderer with rubber galoshes and a taste for bumping off kids that are having sex. There are many colorful characters in this one, a janitor named Malvert who pees red, the extremely abstinent Toby, and many kids who get "hot" from garbage, parades and various other teen events. I don't really want to wreck this because I definitely think it should be watched, but be forewarned that it's so cheesy that they even flash the body count on the screen each time someone dies. Oh well, I've seen this quite a few times and I'll probably see it again and if you can find it you should too.

Availability:  On DVD

No comments:

Post a Comment