Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Matrix (1999)

4 / 5
Tagline: In a world of 1s and 0s...are you a zero, or The One?
Directed by: Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski
Written by: Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski
Actors include: Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne, Carrie-Ann Moss
Genre: Sci-Fi, Thriller, Action
Length: 136 minutes
Banned: Nope
Country: USA/Australia

Review:
Yep, it's a big budget special effect film that blew most everyone away! I must admit that the cinematography and the flying slowed down bullet dodging and stuff like that is extremely well done. The story is an interesting one, a business man is offered a choice of pills, one will keep him safe and the other although potentially dangerous could open his mind. Of course we learn things aren't as they seem and blah blah blah action action. If I hadn't heard so gosh darned much about this before I actually saw it I may have even liked it more, but as is I respect the film and the ideas. Unfortunately the sequels didn't impress me much (particularly the 3rd one yikes). Definitely a must see for those big budget Hollywood times even though I'll probably never watch it again. Still I'll award credit where credit is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment