Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Insomnia (2002)

2.5 / 5
Tagline: Days never end. Nightmares are real. No one is innocent
Directed by: Christopher Nolan
Written by: Nikolaj Frobenius
Actors include: Al Pacino, Martin Donovan, Robin Williams
Genre: Crime, Drama
Length: 118 minutes
Banned: nope
Country: USA/Canada

Review:
I saw this one at the drive-in, and man was I bored! For some reason it's filled with great actors, I mean Hilary Swank, Robin Williams, Al Pacino....but it's so damned dull! Anyhow it's about a detective (Pacino) who is trying to get a suspect when he mistakenly shoots his partner. There is a bit of cover-up involved and the guilt from not owning up to the shooting starts to fill him with guilt. Someone else knows the truth and is blackmailing him, all the while he's trying to solve a murder. Swank plays a local detective who is doing her own investigation...will she find out the truth? I guess I just didn't care it all comes down to but I'm one of the few that really disliked this one so you may just want to ignore me!

No comments:

Post a Comment